Sunday, 10 March 2013

10 March 13 - 2pm

     It is now 24 hours after the official announcement that Uhuru Kenyatta was elected the next president of Kenya.  There have been no violent incidents in Mombasa and I haven't heard of problems elsewhere in the country.  Mary and the Kluegs are preparing to return to Mombasa on Tuesday and we will be very happy to have them back with us.
     The opposition will go to court with the evidence they have of violations of the election process.  This is great progress for this country as this was not a viable option in 2008 and people took to the streets in what they saw as their only chance to right the wrongs.  Credit goes to all who stood in the blazing hot sun for many hours to participate in the voting process.  The vote seems to have been on ethnic lines rather than issues so there are still many difficulties to face in moving the country forward as a nation.  Justice is important and change is difficult.  I just hope that in some small way I can be helpful and supportive, especially to those who are on the margins and most in need.
     I don't plan to be writing such frequent blogs from now on.  Still, from time to time I will make ssome entries for those of you who find this site helpful to keep in touch.  Blessings, susan

No comments:

Post a Comment