Tuesday, 15 November 2016

14 November 2016

Greetings to all,
     The funeral for my father on Saturday 12 November 2016 was beautiful.  I gave the eulogy and managed to keep back the tears until that was over.  We had over 100 guests and a lovely meal was provided by the Women of St. Patricks afterwards.  I come from a wonderful parish.
     Next Saturday we will inter my father's ashes in the cemetery of St. Joseph's Church in Kentland Indiana.  This is the church that he attended as a child and where his family is buried.  I was also baptized there.
     Our family is very grateful to all for the many expressions of sympathy and prayer for us during this time.  Dad lived a long life on this earth and is now at peace in the fullness of the love of God.

1 comment:

  1. We are very sorry to hear the news. May God be near at this time of sorrow. T & L

    ReplyDelete